Monday, December 29, 2014

New Year's Resolution

Everyone comes up with resolutions which I presonally find a bit humerous-Shouldn't we always be looking towards self improvement? However I understand it often slips our minds to do so and with the turning of the year it seems to be a reminder from father time. With everyone else reminding themselves to reflect it makes me think- "Oh maybe I should too".  So here ya have it. Professional, personal, trivial and introspective towards grandeur. Mine run the gambit but all towards a "greater" me.

1. More adventures-Both big and small with everything from travel to trying new food.
2. More spontenaity-  right in line with #1. I love a good plan but sometimes it's also wonderful to strip it down a bit. Perhaps bullet points....
3. More self reflection through meditation, writting etc and try to takle more of the big world ethos issues that no one seems to answer ever.
4. Learn German- I'm working on it and as long as there's progress I'm happy.
5. Find mroe creative dishes; perhaps with less meat- I don't know if I want to one day eliminate all meat or just some meat but I certaintly shouldn't be AS dependent upon it as I am.
6. Enter more art competitions- perhaps at least 1 a month.
7. Stick to my work out!- I know, how cliche' but I've always done yoga and I've started kettle bell. Both are very enjoyable so I'd like to get more regular.
8. Finish this damn novel. It's a work in progress but I get distracted from actually ya know- writting.
9.Think more of our(Danny, pups & myself) happi
ness and less of the outsiders , influences or effects because in the end it's us and we have a dream.
10. Stress less and no drama.
11. Learn more about wine- which means more sampling . You can't sell or make a product without knowing it's in's & out's.
12. Regularly create new art work and promote, promote, promote! My exposure and sales have risen but they're not done.

There ya have it. My 12 steps of improvement and exploration as a human for the upcoming year. So, what are yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment